Certificate in 5S Concept for Trainers
The 5S concept is an approach, a philosophy and a methodology for ensuring greater workplace efficiencies, reduction of waste, better levels of organisation and improved practices and results.
The 5S concept is an approach, a philosophy and a methodology for ensuring greater workplace efficiencies, reduction of waste, better levels of organisation and improved practices and results. This self-directed course will allow those studying it to develop their knowledge of the 5S methodology and to be able to use it as a training task in the Business English classroom or to train the concept directly.
1. To understand the essentials of what 5S is.
2. To know the elements that comprise 5S and the stages of 5S.
3. To discuss why 5S is important and what its uses are.
4. To know how 5S can be used.
5. To consider how 5S can be trained.
Who Should Study the Certificate in 5S Concept for Trainers?
The course will appeal to Business English trainers who wish to learn more about this concept to use it in training as a carrier for language in the form of a training task that can be discussed or used with higher level participants from any sector or who may wish to expand into the area of 5S training running intensive courses in this area.
The course has the following content:
• What 5S is and where it can be applied
• The benefits of 5S as an approach
• A breakdown of each “S”, its focus and what it involves
• Focus on “sorting” and “red tagging”
• Focus on “setting”
• Focus on “shining”
• Focus on “standardising”
• Focus on “sustaining”
• Why 5S is useful to trainers and our participants
• How and why we can teach the five 5S concept and its place in Business English training
The course is assessed by a short assignment involving preparation of a training session focusing in some measure on the 5S concept or making use of it.
£69 (GBP) / €79 (EUR) including course materials, assessment and certification.